Monday, December 14, 2009

Need Christmas Spirit? CBC Christmas Sing-In delivers!

Here's one of my favourite carols which I heard at yesterday's CBC Christmas sing-in. I had a wonderfully Christmas time. The choir was incredible and being among a thousand other fine voices; singing with an amazing choir, brass ensemble and organ was very empowering.

Walking out of the church and into a snowy city wonderland just added that little bit extra to the feeling of really having kicked off the Christmas season. I enjoyed singing with my very fine tenor husband and my very talented and beautiful BFF. I recommend the event highly.

The concert will be broadcast on CBC radio here and in Europe several times over the holidays:

December 20th
The CBC Christmas Sing-In will be heard around the world on members stations of the European Broadcasting Union, as part of the Euroradio Special Day of Christmas Music.

On Christmas Day:

The CBC Christmas Sing-In will be rebroadcast across Canada on Christmas Day on these channels and at these times:

CBC Radio 2 at 9:00 am with host Kelly Rice
CBC Radio 1 at 12:00 pm with host Kelly Rice
Find your frequency for CBC Radio 1 and CBC Radio 2

Espace Musique at 4:30 pm with host Mario Paquet
Find your frequency for Espace Musique.

Sirius Satellite Radio (Channel 137) at various times.

You will also be able to tune in to the Sing-In on CBC Radio 2's Concerts on Demand website.

The program's accent was on Canadian music and arrangements, thus my choice of the Huron Carol for the video.

The images of winter I feel compliment the song. It's how I imagined it to be on those cold 17th century nights when the Jesuit missionaries composed this song in the Algonquin language to brainwash the natives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It If You Like It