How Heroes Star Greg Grunberg Dominates Social Media [Video]
Greg Grunberg is one of social media’s most active celebrities. While you’ve probably seen him on shows like Heroes, Alias, and Felicity, you may not know about his social media and entrepreneurial exploits, with projects including Band From TV and most recently Yowza, an iPhone app for coupons and in-store deals.
"How could we not pick the mind of one of Twitter (Twitter)’s most popular users? That’s what we thought too, so we pulled out our webcams, our iPhones, and for about 30 minutes discussed how the Heroes star utilizes Twitter (@greggrunberg), mobile phones, and social media for himself and his projects."
In his interview with Ben Parr, he discussed his use of Twitter, his social media projects, and of course, he talked about Heroes. Some of the highlights:
- How he came up with Yowzaa and where it’s headed in the next few monthsI especially like the way he uses his celebrity to publicize to his thousands of Twitter followers Band from TV
- His very “eye-popping” website (the eyes follow your mouse, it’s creepy I tell you!)
- Why he uses Twitter, but doesn’t use Facebook (Facebook) at all (i.e. how social media, Perez Hilton, and Twitter might have helped get another season of Heroes)
- What is going to happen to his Heroes character Matt Parkman next season (hint: Sylar)
- His family, and dealing with Epilepsy
- What he believes is in social media’s future
- His biggest piece of advice for using social media: “Open Yourself Up” and “Don’t be afraid of social media, because it works.”
The band features various famous artists and athletes who donate all of their revenue form performances etc to their favourite charities. Here is their mission statement form their website. Check it out.
"Band From TV consists of actors, musicians, and athletes who have come together for a common goal; to raise money through music to help those in need. Finding a cure, helping children around the world, protecting our environment, providing educational materials or musical instruments, aiding in natural disasters, or standing up against domestic violence, we will do everything in our power to not only get the message out, but raise much needed funds. Our goal is to make it possible for the charities to have the resources they need do the work they set out to do. The list of organizations we support may change, but one thing remains constant, Band From TV is here to help."